- Be good to your washer and dryer, and those costly appliances will be good to you.
- Before every dryer load, clean out the lint filter.
- Every three months, wash the lint filter with detergent to remove invisible chemical residues that can restrict airflow.
- Replace vinyl dryer exhaust ducts with metal ductwork to reduce fire hazards.
- Every month, visually inspect the dryer exhaust duct for crimps, obstructions, and unnecessary bends.
- Yearly, remove and clean out the entire exhaust duct line from dryer to exterior.